Hi! I see you add more game soundtracks and thus getting better rank on this site! However, could you have no more than 6 screenies per page (because it's described in our rules page: Editing_Rules:_Games#Screenshots)? I think you add too much with logos. When you successfuly finalized a game page (having done its screenshots, recordings and album arts) you actually could add its link into the Latest Soundtracks section of the Main Page (even though not required, it is highly suggested). So, your recently added games might come there. Please also read this page VGMPF Album Art about our album art conventions (Oni (W32)'s album art doesn't properly meets the standards)
Thank you!, I speak Spanish although I know some English : ), I see that if I have gone too far with the logos, I will try not to add many, about the soundtrack I did not know what to put there in the rip but since you showed me that friend , I already found the way to use the page almost correctly. I will try to change those aspects that are still missing from the game Oni (W32).
Flashback: The Quest for Identity (SCD)
Hi, GatoVerde95. The recorded songs of Flashback: The Quest for Identity (SCD) seem to be lacking meta data. In order to work with the files properly I recommend you follow the steps in Adding Meta Data. foobar2000 is usually our best friend to add track number, album name etc.
- Don't want to bother you another time, but I found several mistakes after I checked the updated Flashback files. The metadata should look like this:
|Artist Name||Fabrice Visserot, Jean Baudlot, Marc Minier, Patrick Sigwalt|
|Album Title||FlashBack: The Quest of Identity (SCD)|
|Composer||Fabrice Visserot, Jean Baudlot, Marc Minier, Patrick Sigwalt|
- Performer and Album Artist fields are usually not used. Custom fields like <OGGBY>,<SYSTEM_E> or <SYSTEM_J> should be cleared and never be used.
- Disc Number and Total Discs are optional to use for this game. They are required only for those games that support different output throughout used audio cards or feature region-dependand (like PAL, NTSC etc.) audio that varies significantly.
- Alright! Things start to cheer up aftewards.
If could please consider fixing The Quest of Identity (SCD) to The Quest for Identity (SCD) as the game name anddo not use ands inside the Composer/Artist string value (use comma , instead) to make apprehensions best. --Cancer (talk) 11:57, 10 February 2023 (EST)
- Alright! Things start to cheer up aftewards.
FLACs (and either MP3s, WAVs etc.) in a rip file
Unfortunately, I had to delete the music rip of JAG port of Flashback completely. Packing digital format songs in rips produces files of so huge sizes. Such means are actually not allowed on our site. The recordings you made (in the Recording section chart) is already in the proper lossy (Vorbis) form which is almost indifferent of the FLAC. --Cancer (talk) 07:56, 16 February 2023 (EST)
WAIT! Please read Editing Rules: Titles#Capitalization on how files should be capitalized! I'm afraid that most of your current renames may be in vain. --Professor Chaos (talk) 15:18, 21 February 2023 (EST)
- Thanks for replying!
- About "not showing latest": Ah, I know the problem. I think you have to refresh the page (you know, press something like F5 or Ctrl+R in your browser).
- About "deleting": You could ask User talk:TheAlmightyGuru (the owner of VGMPF) for the right to delete. (Nobody can delete initially, everybody (including myself) has to exercise on several pages and then can ask him for deletion right.) Until then, you can keep blanking deletable pages or ask me to delete. Maybe you can also ask others, but I let them speak for themselves. :-)
- --Professor Chaos (talk) 15:49, 21 February 2023 (EST)
- I think you explained correctly. Let me quote you:
- Yes, exactly that happens to me too: Whenever I upload a new version of an existing screenshot or song, I first see the previous one. So I press F5, and then I finally see the latest one. If it does not work for you, maybe you can try logging out, clear the cache, exit your browser, and login again. I agree the wiki behaves confusing, but please don't move files because of that; only move if their titles are wrong. --Professor Chaos (talk) 16:22, 21 February 2023 (EST)
Avenging Spirit (GB)
Hey there. I was wondering who got the Arranger for Avenging Spirit? From what I remember, Ogata told me he did the music and sound programming (arranged his own music into the sound driver).
Also, the credits you list in the Credits section sometimes don't match up with the game/manual credits. For example, Yutaka Sakashita is not listed in the game's credits as arranger. What you can do in this case is, if Sakashita is the arranger, list them as Uncredited Arranger' or Not Credited Arranger, or their role listed in the game's credits, Programmer, and if you want, you can mention they are listed in the game's credits.
Thanks so much for your contributions!
Game Boy screenshots
Hi! I noticed that the screenshots you uploaded for Kirby's Dream Land (GB) and Avenging Spirit (GB) appear to have been upscaled in an emulator. Editing Rules: Graphics says that "screenshots must be in PNG format at the same resolution of the game in native mode (do not use scalers, anti-aliasing, color enhancement, etc.)" (emphasis added). In the Game Boy's case, that would be 160 x 144. (Compare this native resolution screenshot with one you uploaded - the latter is much bigger and also seems to use some sort of smoothing filter.)