|Ultra 64 Sound Format|
Ultra 64 Sound Format (USF) is an audio file format created by Adam Gashlin. It is based off of PSF and named after the Nintendo 64's codename: Ultra 64. A Nintendo 64 soundtrack stored in USF will have two file types. USFMINI are the individual song files which contain the instructions for playing each song. There is also a single USFLIB file which contains the instrument data and program information for replay. These files must all be in the same folder.
Desperately needs a simple C based USF to WAV open sourced program.
- 64th Note - Winamp (32-bit only in 2020)
- Cog - Mac software
- LazyUSF - foobar2000 (32-bit only in 2020)
- Audacious USF plugin (can record to a file using the Record Stream feature)
All Nintendo 64 games can have their music ripped to USF.
How to Obtain
Ripping USF files is complicated, but luckily, most Nintendo 64 games already have their sound ripped to USF format and can be downloaded from the following sites:
- usf.joshw.info - Josh W (individually 7Z archived).
- zophar.net/music/usf.html - Zophar's USF archive (individually 7Z archived).
The following games do not yet have their soundtracks ripped to USF or have incomplete rips:
- California Speed (N64)
- FIFA 64
- FIFA 98 RTWC
- FIFA 99 (N64)
- Super Mario 64 (N64) - incomplete
- WWF Attitude (N64)
- WWF No Mercy
- WWF Warzone (N64)
- WWF WrestleMania 2000
- usf.hcs64.com - Large collection of USF files.
- usf.joshw.info - JoshW's USF Archive.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Ultra_64_Sound_Format#USF - Wikipedia.