Painting by Numbers
|Painting by Numbers|
|Headquarters||Sheffield, England, UK|
|Other Names||ペインティング ナンバーズ (Painting Numbers)
Impact Software Development
Painting by Numbers was a British game developer which developed games solely for Ocean Software. They were originally known as Impact Software Development, Ltd. The company was founded by brothers Chris R. Kerry and Steve M. Kerry. The company housed the two brothers as well as programmer Mark C. Rogers and graphic artist Jon H. Beard. All of them had previously worked for Gremlin Graphics.
The company developed their last game in 1992 and closed their doors at an unknown date.
Because Painting by Numbers consisted of only 4 developers, none of which had musical expertise, the company outsourced their music and sound to their publisher Ocean Software.
- Dean Evans - Composer for Cool World.
- Jonathan Dunn - Composer for Darkman, arranger of Hook (GB); sound driver programmer.
- Keith Tinman - Composer for Cool World.
- Matthew Cannon - Composer for Hook.
- gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Painting_by_Numbers - Game Developer Research Institute.
- markhardisty.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/a-brief-history-of-sheffield-game-development-companies/ - A brief history of Sheffield game development companies.