Jill of the Jungle: Jill Saves The Prince (DOS)
|Jill Saves the Prince|
Jill Saves the Prince is the third installment of the Jill of the Jungle series about the amazon woman Jill traveling in forests, caves and castles, this time to save a prince.
Dan Froelich composed the music of Jill of the Jungle in AdLib Visual Composer and then used a ROL to CMF converter to change the music into the format used by the game engine. The music quality is high for an early 1990s DOS game.
Unlike the previous game in the series, the tracks are also reused from the two previous games, as well as being featured as exclusive.
The digital sound effect for passing through water is recognizable as hallbrass from Ultimate Soundtracker (AMI).
Some of the songs below have a single play-through therefore not meeting VGMPF's looping standards (see Editing Rules: Timing):
- Deep Evil
There are issues with the timing of this recording.
|22||Deep Evil||Dan Froelich||2:31||Download|
- Ripper: TheAlmightyGuru (1-9), Malvineous (10-22)
- Recorder: TheAlmightyGuru (1-9), Malvineous (10-22)
- Game Credits:
- Sound Track: Dan Froelich
The CMF files have a *.ddt extension. They were renamed to *.cmf and tracks 1-9 were recorded with MuchMusic v1.11, while tracks 10-22 were recorded with Camoto. The sound effects are packaged in the jill*.vcl files. They are 8-bit PCM signed data with a 6000Hz playback rate.
The game only lists Sound Blaster as a possible device, but it works with any OPL2 compatible device for music.
- mobygames.com/game/dos/jill-of-the-jungle-jill-saves-the-prince - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/934366-jill-of-the-jungle-jill-saves-the-prince - GameFAQs.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_of_the_Jungle - Wikipedia.
- web.archive.org/web/20180226085946/http://www.danfroelich.com:80/videogamemusic.htm - The composer's music page.
|Jill of the Jungle|
|Jill of the Jungle|
|Jill Goes Underground|
|Jill Saves The Prince|
|Onesimus: A Quest For Freedom|
|Notable Songs||Dan • Funky|
|Notable Personnel||Dan Froelich|
|Notable Companies||Epic Games • Ark Multimedia Publishing|