Doom II: Hell On Earth (DOS)
|Doom II: Hell On Earth|
- For other games in the series see Doom (series).
Doom II: Hell on Earth is the sequel to the first-person shooter, Doom (DOS). It adds new monsters, 32 new levels, a new gun, and a new soundtrack. The demons of Hell have left their realm and pushed their way onto Earth. The carnage is terrible and, as the only person with any experience fighting them, it's up to you to stop Hell's onslaught. Pick up that BFG-9000 one more time, there are demons to fry.
Bobby Prince reprised his role as composer and created a soundtrack on par with previous game. There are lots of metal tunes (with hooks borrowed from contemporary artists) and dark ambiance tracks for the more frightening levels.
The recordings were made using various options. They are marked by following song prefixes:
- Gravis UltraSound (original patch set)
- Gravis UltraSound (Pro Patches Lite v1.60)
- General MIDI
- Sound Blaster / Ad Lib Music Synthesizer Card (OPL2)
This recording is incomplete.
- Ripper: TheAlmightyGuru
- Recorder: TheAlmightyGuru (General MIDI), Cancer (AdLib)
- Game Credits:
The MUS (DMX) music and WAV and DP sound effects of Doom II were ripped from the Doom2.wad using Extensible WAD Editor and recorded using the default MIDI plugin from Winamp 5. The rip also contains some of Bobby Prince's reworked MIDI files from the archive he made available on his site. They are very similar to the final music released with the game.
A VGZ rip should be made.
- mobygames.com/game/dos/doom-ii_ - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/197142-doom-ii - GameFAQs.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_II:_Hell_on_Earth - Wikipedia.
|Doom||• • • • • • • •|
|Doom II: Hell On Earth||•|
|The Plutonia Experiment|
|Hell To Pay|
|Final Doom (PS1)|
|Doom 64||• • • •|
|Doom (2016)||• • •|
|Doom Eternal||• • •|
|Notable Personnel||Bobby Prince • Aubrey Hodges • Tom Mustaine • Christian Antkow • Mick Gordon|