Catch Treasure Fanfare
The Catch Treasure Fanfare is a simple four-note tune that plays in several Legend of Zelda games when Link obtains an important item.
Soundtracks cannot agree on a title for this song, but the first official soundtrack release of the original Legend of Zelda game, Famicom 20th Anniversary - Original Sound Tracks, Vol.1, titles the song Catch Treasure Fanfare, so that is the name used by this site.
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
This is the original composition of the song. It was composed and arranged for the NES sound chip by Koji Kondo
- Famicom 20th Anniversary - Original Sound Tracks, Vol.1 - Track 62.
- Game Sound Museum ~Famicom Edition~ 10: The Legend of Zelda - Track 8.
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)Akito Nakatsuka rearranged Kondo's song for the second Zelda game. Although the tune is essentially identical (though played through a different driver), the song has a new title on the Game Sound Museum ~Famicom Edition~ S-4 Adventure of Link soundtrack album, Flute BGM 1. In Zelda II, the fanfare plays when you obtain a new spell.
- Famicom 20th Anniversary - Original Sound Tracks, Vol.2 - Track 4.
- Game Sound Museum ~Famicom Edition~ S-4: Adventure of Link - Track 4.
- Nintendo Sound History Series - Zelda the Music - Track 16.