Winky Soft (株式会社ウィンキーソフト Kabushikigaisha Uinkīsofuto) is a Japanese game developer. It was created at the beginning of 1983. They are known for their work for the Super Robot Taisen games.
The company closed its doors in 2016 from filing for bankruptcy.
For the game My Life My Love, Ginji Ito wrote his compositions on sheet music paper and sent it to Winky Soft, in which their programmer Masahiro Sho implemented the songs into his 6502 assembly sound driver that utilized the Ricoh 2A03.
Adventures of Tom Sawyer uses a custom sound driver, so it is unknown how the music was written, but it was most likely either in assembly or Music Macro Language.
- Atsushi Migaki - Composer for Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen G (GB).
- Daisuke Fujimoto - Composer; 1994-1996.
- Ginji Ito - Composer for My Life My Love: Boku no Yume Watashi no Negai (FC).
- Hiroko - Composer for Akanbe Dragon (MSX).
- Kazushi Hosoi - Composer.
- Masa Konishi - Composer; 1989-1991.
- Masahiro Sho - Programmer, programmed sound engine for NES.
- Noboru Yamane - Composer; 1992-1994.
- Shinichi Tanaka - Composer.
- Takeshi Watanabe - Sound programmer for SNES.
- Yasunari Ohnishi - Composer for Super Robot Taisen (GB).
- Yukiko - Composer for Akanbe Dragon (MSX).
- winky.co.jp/ - Official