Ski or Die (NES)
|Ski or Die|
Ski or Die is a winter-themed extreme sports game in which the player can compete 5 different mini games:
- Acro Aerials: Ski down a ramp and score points by performing acrobatic jumps.
- Downhill Blitz: Downhill skiing event in which the player can make large jumps over chasms and perform stunts in the moguls section.
- Snowboard Half-Pipe: Put on your snowboard and score as much points as possible in a limited amount of time by performing tricks inside a half-pipe.
- Snowball Blast: First person snowball fight. Score points by taking out little that attack your snow fortress.
- Inner-Tube Trash: Two players descend a mountain in innertubes. Score points by picking up items, perforating your opponents tire with a knife or fork and finishing first.
Practice a single event or try the tournament. The NES version was all done by legendary Japanese developer Konami, who were also responsible for porting the original Skate or Die to the NES.
Jun Funahashi of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Tiny Toon Adventures fame did a good job writing the music. He used an assembly processor to implement it into Konami's NES sound driver. In fact, he created his digitized voices, and he arranged four of Rob Hubbard's main tunes from the computer versions, plus five of them were new tracks.
There are issues with the timing of this recording.
|01||Title Screen||Rob Hubbard||Jun Funahashi||3:00||Download|
|02||Press Start Key||Jun Funahashi||Jun Funahashi||0:04||Download|
|03||Rodney's Ski Shop||Jun Funahashi||Jun Funahashi||3:00||Download|
|04||Chosen Event||Jun Funahashi||Jun Funahashi||0:06||Download|
|05||Downhill Blitz||Rob Hubbard||Jun Funahashi||3:00||Download|
|06||Snowboard Halfpipe||Rob Hubbard||Jun Funahashi||3:00||Download|
|07||Inner-Tube Trash||Rob Hubbard||Jun Funahashi||3:00||Download|
|08||You Won!||Jun Funahashi||Jun Funahashi||0:06||Download|
|09||High Scores Board||Jun Funahashi||Jun Funahashi||3:00||Download|
- Ripper: Zophar's Domain
- Recorder: ?
- Game Credits:
(Source: European Commodore box, Verification from composer; Game lacks credits.)
Like most other Konami titles for the NES, the game lacked credits, but some of Konami's games had a credits scroll.
This rip is missing songs.
Ripping NES music is an arduous process that is beyond the scope of this site.