|Developer:||BDC of Aura crew|
- Audio Overload - Linux, Macintosh, Windows
- DeliPlayer - Windows
- JAM For Windows - Windows
- SC68 Player - Dreamcast, foobar2000, Winamp, Windows
SNDH to ?
- Audio Overload - Linux, Macintosh, Windows - WAV
- JAM For Windows - Windows - WAV
- SC68 Player - Dreamcast, foobar2000, Winamp, Windows - WAV
? to SNDH
All games released for the Atari ST can have their soundtrack ripped to SNDH format. ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC or MSX tracks can be dumped into it also, but this way is uneffective since there are already AY, KSS and YM formats, which you can play through real machine, while SNDH can't anywhere but Atari ST.
How to Obtain
Ripping SNDH files requires an intimate knowledge of the Atari ST hardware, but luckily, several popular Atari ST games already have their sound ripped to SNDH format and can be downloaded here:
- sndh.atari.org - SNDH Archive (note that game music is intermixed with stand-alone and demo songs).
All SNDH files begin with three 4-byte 68000 instructions (usually long branches) to respectively initialize the driver with a specific subtune, exit the driver and play the next tick, then the actual signature "SNDH", any number of tags terminated with the signature backwards ("HDNS"), and finally the actual driver code and data.
Most SNDH files are compressed using Pack-Ice and accordingly start with "ICE!".
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNDH - Wikipedia.