Since 1978, Clarke plays guitar and keyboards in musical and comedy acts. He used to play with analog synthesizers and Roland TR drum machines. In 1986, he met aspiring game programmer Paul Hughes at the Blue Chip Computers store in Wigan, Lancashire. Hughes recommended him Electrosound 64 and Clarke found himself finally able to write proper C64 music.
Hughes suggested they work at providing music for developers, and Clarke scored Repton 3 (C64) for Superior Software and Scooby Doo: Elite (C64) for Elite Systems. Next, Hughes introduced Clarke to Software Creations and joined Ocean Software, both in Manchester. He wanted Clarke to join Ocean, too, though this was ultimately triggered by a misunderstanding around Double Take Theme.
At Ocean, Clarke worked in one room with Martin Galway. Clarke later left and was freelance again after 10 or 11 months.
Since July 2011, he remixes C64 music. He resides in Blackburn, Lancashire.
|1986-11-??||Scooby Doo: Elite (C64)|
|Unreleased||Mission of Mercy (C64)||
|1987-0?-??||Repton 3 (C64)|
|1987-01-??||Double Take (C64)||
||With Ocean Loader 2 by Martin Galway|
|1987-05-??||Head Over Heels (C64)|
|1987-0?-??||The Big K.O. (C64)|
|1987-06-??||Ocean Loaders (C64)||
||Ocean Loader 3.|
|1987-08-??||The Mystery of the Nile (C64)|
|1987-09-2?||Bubble Bobble (C64)|
|1987-10-??||Top Duck (C64)|
|198?-??-??||Iron Hand (C64)|
- mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,140266/ - MobyGames.
- remix64.com/member/poke-16384/ - Remix64.
- soundcloud.com/poke16384/sets/remix-64/s-jQEzax6Evox - SoundCloud.
- twitter.com/PeteC64 - Twitter.
- c64.com/?type=4&id=20 - Interview from 26th January 2012.
- remix64.com/interviews/an-interview-with-peter-clarke.html - Interview from May 24, 2020.