Overworld BGM - The Legend of Zelda
Overworld BGM was composed by Koji Kondo as the theme to Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda. The song is heard in the very first Legend of Zelda game as the above ground theme, and has been rearranged for many of the sequels, as well as other games that feature Zelda themes. The song has a nice cheerful adventure sound to it.
The title comes from the Famicom 20th Anniversary - Original Sound Tracks, Vol.1 album.
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
The very first appearance of this iconic tune was the game for the Famicom Disk System in 1986, to be released on the NES in the States in 1987. The tune plays all throughout the overworld. The song is track 3 in the NSF file.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Overworld plays all throughout the light world of Hyrule in A Link to the Past. The song has been majorly revamped with an grander orchestral sound including cymbal crashes, a brass melody, and stringed harmony.
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)
The song plays when the player is in the overworld. It lacks the sixteenth notes from the original theme and instead rearranges them into 8th note triplets. Other than that, it appears to be a note-for-note arrangement of Kondo's song.
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
Overworld exists in four different versions in The Minish Cap. The first is the traditional arrangement which is played in the majority of the overworld including the South Hyrule Field, the North Hyrule Field, the Eastern Hills, the Western Wood, Lon Lon Ranch, Lake Hylia, and the Trilby Highlands. The second version is a more downbeat arrangement played in the swampy Castor Wilds. The third is a more triumphant remix that plays in the Cloud Tops. The fourth version of the song is incorporated into the ending credits theme.
- youtube.com/watch?v=2dp1-qQWewo - Orchestra version by The Synthetic Orchestra.
- youtube.com/watch?v=gIjc4FbE15Y - Played on electric guitar in multiple genres by Huskybythegeek.
- youtube.com/watch?v=Dn2gnTI6kW0 - Played on electric guitar by Sammolo.
- youtube.com/watch?v=DaK6dD6A7Qo - A cappella version by Smooth McGroove.
- youtube.com/watch?v=G2LdvE1FBgQ - Remix using Famitracker by Levi Davis.
- youtube.com/watch?v=VbAQ0kNJ4i0 - Played on classical guitar by PoopPoopFart.
- youtube.com/watch?v=s1Chy_FC23E - Played in costume on piano by ridia84.
- youtube.com/watch?v=sUVsGLES5K8 - Played on electric guitar and bass by CalebElijah.
- youtube.com/watch?v=6fvPoXo57og - Played on electric guitar with distortion by CSGuitar89.
- youtube.com/watch?v=s1Chy_FC23E - Played on piano by ridia84.