Nitemare 3D (DOS)
Nitemare 3D is a first-person shooter with puzzles in a haunted house theme. The game uses a theme originally started in Hugo's House of Horrors (DOS), where you play the hero Hugo, trying to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend Penelope. Although the game engine features some nice quirks like destructible walls and multi-level puzzles, it was over-shadowed by the release of Doom (DOS) which happened months prior.
This page needs more screenshots.
The soundtrack is composed by David Schultz.
|02||Main Menu||David Schultz||3:32||Download|
|03||Level 1-1||David Schultz||3:14||Download|
|04||Level 1-2 / Intermission||David Schultz||1:25||Download|
|05||Level 1-3||David Schultz||2:54||Download|
|06||Level 1-4 (Star Theme)||David Schultz||2:54||Download|
|07||Level 1-5||David Schultz||3:21||Download|
|08||Level 1-6||David Schultz||2:30||Download|
|09||Level 1-7||David Schultz||4:14||Download|
|10||Level 2-1||David Schultz||3:51||Download|
|11||Level 2-2||David Schultz||2:33||Download|
|12||Level 2-3||David Schultz||3:24||Download|
|13||Level 3-1||David Schultz||1:58||Download|
|14||Unused 1||David Schultz||4:02||Download|
|15||Unused 2||David Schultz||2:14||Download|
- Ripper: TheAlmightyGuru
- Recorder: Cancer
- Game Credits:
- Music: David Schultz credited as David B. Schultz
The game's audio driver is WORX Toolkit v2.1.
MIDI music is tweaked to only play on SB card, as such, is not General MIDI consistent.
The music and sound files were extracted from the SND.DAT file in the root directory. They do not have file names.
The VOC files seem to have header problems and don't properly play in most players, although Creative Voice Editor, and obviously the game, plays them correctly.
(Source: Technical Notes)
The game auto detects a Sound Blaster-compatible card. The source is the Technote.txt file that is included in all game versions.
- dgray.com/n3dpage.htm - Official.
- mobygames.com/game/dos/nitemare-3d - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.com/pc/565298-hugo-nitemare-3d - GameFAQs.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitemare_3D - Wikipedia.
|Notable Personnel||David Gray • David Schultz|
|Notable Companies||Gray Design Associates|
- Games Released In 1994
- Games Developed By Gray Design Associates
- No Amazon
- Nitemare 3D (DOS)
- Missing Screenshots
- Games By David Schultz
- Games That Use MIDI
- Games That Use IBK
- Games That Use VOC
- Games That Use AdLib For Music
- Games That Use Sound Blaster For Music
- Games That Use PC Speaker For Sound
- Games That Use Sound Blaster For Sound
- Games Released In USA
- DOS Games
- Games Published By American Software Laboratories
- Games Released In Australia
- Games Published By Accurate Research