Naoki Kodaka (also known as NAOKI KOTAKA) is a Japanese composer who was one of the main audio creators at Sunsoft and created music for their NES and Famicom titles since the company started making them. He graduated from Aichi Prefectural University of the Arts in 1982. He has been responsible for the creation of many catchy and memorable soundtracks such as Blaster Master, Fester's Quest, Revenge of the Joker and many others. He first started off working on game soundtracks at Sunsoft by himself. Later in his career, he created soundtracks with Nobuyuki Hara and Shinichi Seya, along with other composers. He also made a DVD titled "Mushi Mushi no Shi: Rainforest Story". Currently he is a full time university teacher at the Daido University (he worked at Nagoya College Of Music before 2015).
Kodaka would write either sheet music or would send tape recordings of his compositions to Sunsoft, which were then converted into the game to code by their sound team.
- mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,108684/ - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.com/features/credit/23129.html - GameFAQs.
- vgmdb.net/artist/309 - VGMdb.
- jcaa1970.com/arrangers/konsakka24.htm - Japan Composers and Arrangers Association.
- shmuplations.com/sunsoftmusic - Interview.
- daido-it.ac.jp/english/about/faculty/index.html - Listed him as "NAOKI KOTAKA" as one of the professors.