Gavin Raeburn is a composer, sound designer, programmer and producer who worked for Codemasters from 1987 to 2009. In 2010, he was a founding member of Playground Games where he is currently also working.
Gavin programmed the sound driver and the music was written in assembly. Allister Brimble later developed a tracker which converted music to Gavin's sound engine. This sound driver was also used by an unknown company for their bootleg Famiclone ports of Colosoftware's C64 games.
The drum samples used in Gavin's later C64 games and in The Ultimate Stuntman (NES) are from the Casio RZ-1 drum sequencer. The digitized synth sample used in Bee 52 (NES) and Pro Tennis (Quattro Sports (NES)) are from the Casio CZ-101 digital synthesizer.
- mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,46834/ - MobyGames.
- facebook.com/gavin.raeburn - Facebook.
- uk.linkedin.com/in/gavin-raeburn-6168a1 - Linkedin.
- http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/dumping_2017.php - 44-in-1 (Super Game KT-A) contains the bootleg games that use Gavin's sound driver.
-  - Drum samples from the Casio RZ-1.