Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (DOS)
|Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition|
- For other games in the series see Duke Nukem.
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition is an expansion to Duke Nukem 3D (DOS) which included the Plutonium Pak and various Windows toys like screen savers and themes. The Atomic Edition added a whole new episode with new music, three new enemies, a new gun, AI controlled bots for multi-player and a much more sophisticated scripting language which greatly helped the modding community.
The new music in the Atomic Edition was composed entirely by Lee Jackson. Sadly, the music seems to have been rushed into the game and it isn't very impressive. It's still a combination of ambiance, mood music, and metal, but for the most part the music is dull and uninspired. The parody of the Mission: Impossible theme is cute, but over all the music could have benefited from a little more production time.
But Atomic Edition included the full version of the Duke Nukem 3D main theme Grabbag as a single Redbook CD Audio track. However, since game doesn't use it, it was not recorded.
The 0-199 is General MIDI, the 200-299 is AdLib, 300-399 is for PCM recordings (.voc files) included with the game.
|01||Briefing Room||Lee Jackson||0:48||Download|
|02||Missing? Impossible!||Lee Jackson||3:08||Download|
|04||Baked Goods||Lee Jackson||2:19||Download|
|05||Preparation D||Lee Jackson||3:46||Download|
|06||Calypso Factor||Lee Jackson||3:14||Download|
|07||Lemon Chilllllllllllllllll||Lee Jackson||3:41||Download|
|08||Layers of Dust||Lee Jackson||3:42||Download|
|10||Pissed Office Box||Lee Jackson||4:50||Download|
|12||Restricted Area||Lee Jackson||3:00||Download|
|201||Briefing Room||Lee Jackson||0:48||Download|
|202||Missing? Impossible!||Lee Jackson||5:00||Download|
|203||Preparation D||Lee Jackson||4:02||Download|
|204||Baked Goods||Lee Jackson||4:41||Download|
|205||Calypso Factor||Lee Jackson||6:01||Download|
|206||Lemon Chilllllllllllllllll||Lee Jackson||6:57||Download|
|207||Pissed Office Box||Lee Jackson||4:58||Download|
|209||Layers of Dust||Lee Jackson||3:22||Download|
|212||Restricted Area||Lee Jackson||5:00||Download|
|301||Market Song||Lee Jackson||0:34||Download|
- Ripper: Csabo
- Recorder: TheAlmightyGuru
- Game Credits:
- Music and Sound Effects: Lee Jackson credited as Lee "Make It Louder" Jackson
- Not Credited Programmer: Jim Dosé
The game's music uses EMIDI which is essentially identical to regular MIDI. It was ripped from the Duke3d.grp file using Csabo's eXtendable WAD Editor. The music was recorded through General MIDI with Winamp.
- mobygames.com/game/dos/duke-nukem-3d-atomic-edition - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.com/pc/197175-duke-nukem-3d-atomic-edition - GameFAQs.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_3D - Wikipedia.
- DOS Games
- Games Released In 1996
- Games Developed By 3D Realms
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (DOS)
- Needed Song Descriptions
- Games By Lee Jackson
- Games By Jim Dosé
- Games That Use EMIDI
- Old Rip Layout
- Games That Use AdLib For Music
- Games That Use General MIDI For Music
- Games That Use Pro AudioSpectrum For Music
- Games That Use Sound Blaster For Music
- Games That Use Sound Blaster AWE 32 For Music
- Games That Use Sound Canvas For Music
- Games That Use SoundMan 16 For Music
- Games That Use Soundscape For Music
- Games That Use UltraSound For Music
- Games That Use Wave Blaster For Music
- Games That Use Pro AudioSpectrum For Sound
- Games That Use Sound Blaster For Sound
- Games That Use Sound Blaster AWE 32 For Sound
- Games That Use SoundMan 16 For Sound
- Games That Use Soundscape For Sound
- Games That Use The Sound Source For Sound
- Games That Use Tandy DAC For Sound
- Games That Use UltraSound For Sound
- Games Released In USA
- Games Published By GT Interactive
- Games Released In Germany