From Video Game Music Preservation Foundation Wiki
|Dreamcast Sound Format|
Dreamcast Sound Format is an audio format based on PSF. It stores audio ripped from the ROMs of Sega Dreamcast games.
- Audio Overload - Linux, Macintosh, Windows (Horribly Buggy)
- SSF/DSF Decoder  - foobar2000 (32-bit only in 2020)
- AODSF  - foobar2000, Winamp, KbMedia Player (32-bit only in 2020)
- FFPlay - Linux, Macintosh, Windows (CLI)
Desperately needs a simple C based DSF to WAV open sourced program.
DSF to ?
- Audio Overload - Linux, Macintosh, Windows - WAV
- FFMPEG - Linux, Macintosh, Windows - Anything, really.
? to DSF
- FFMPEG - Linux, Macintosh, Windows (Seems to throw up an error)
All games released for the Dreamcast can have their soundtrack ripped to DSF format.
How to Obtain
Ripping DSF files requires an intimate knowledge of the Dreamcast hardware, but luckily, most popular Dreamcast games already have their sound ripped to DSF format and can be downloaded from the following sites:
- dsf.joshw.info - Josh W (individually 7Z archived).
- emuparadise.me/music/dsf/1 - Emuparadise archive.
- ↑ foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_ht
- ↑ foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1173.zip (based on Audio Overload SDK)