Charles Deenen began programming computers in 1983 on a Commodore PET. Around 1985 he wrote a C64 sound-driver, which gave him the tools necessary to form an audio company with Jeroen Tel called Maniacs of Noise. Deenen taught Jeroen how to write music on the NES. In 1991, he moved to the USA and started working for Interplay Entertainment as their audio director. Deenen worked briefly for Shiny / Atari in 2002. In 2003, Deenen moved to Canada to work as the senior audio director for Electronic Arts.
Charles programmed a sound driver and wrote the music on the NES in 6502 assembly code. M.C. Kids was the only game to use his sound driver.
|1988-??-??||Battle Valley (C64)|
|1990-03-10||Battle Chess II: Chinese Chess (DOS)|
|1990-??-??||Death Trap (AMI)|
|1990-??-??||Golden Axe (C64)||SFX|
|1990-??-??||J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I (DOS)|
|1991-??-??||Back to the Future Part III (C64)|
|1991-??-??||The Bard's Tale Construction Set (DOS)|
|1991-??-??||M.C. Kids (NES)|
|1991-??-??||Omar Sharif On Bridge (DOS)|
|1992-??-??||Battle Chess 4000 (DOS)||SFX|
|1992-??-??||Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (DOS)|
|1992-??-??||Castles II: Siege & Conquest (CD32)|
|1994-10-??||J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I (SNES)|
|1994-11-??||Out of This World (SNES)|
|1994-??-??||Out of This World (3DO)|
|1998-10-??||Caesars Palace II (PS1)||Sound Design & Mixing/SoundFX Recordist|
|2000-06-16||Caesars Palace 2000: Millennium Gold Edition (PS1)||Audio Director|
- maniacsofnoise.nl - Official Company Page.
- cdeenen.com - Official Personal Page.
- facebook.com/cdeenen - Facebook.
- csdb.dk/release/?id=176504 - Interview from November 14, 1988.
- csdb.dk/release/?id=168498 - Interview from circa August 1989.
- csdb.dk/release/?id=11568 - C64 Disk Interview from circa March 15, 1990.
- atlantis-prophecy.org/recollection/?load=interviews&id_interview=27 - Interview from early April 1998.
- c64.com/gt_display_interview.php?interview=8 - Interview from July 14, 2010.