Boulder Dash II (C64)
Boulder Dash II is practically Boulder Dash (C64) with the new designs from Boulder Dash II (A8). Only the coloring in amoeba caves is unique, and the enchanted wall is debugged. It is not nearly as often modded.
To record two loops plus 10 seconds with the melody fading in, the game was modified to disable the attract mode and then started
- in VICE 3.2 with C64 old NTSC. C64 NTSC is assumed too similar for an extra recording.
- on a real PAL C64C with an 8580 R5 4091.
- Ripper: HVSC
- Recorder: Professor Chaos
- Game Credits:
(Source for composer: Boulder Dash II (A8). Game lacks audio credits.)
Source verification is needed.
This game uses the computer's built-in SID chip and sounds the same on every one of them.
On very early NTSC C64s, all audio is 2% faster. On PAL, it is 16% slower and 4% lower.
Judging from found reviews, covers and wordings, Boulder Dash II (C64) was first released in the UK as Rockfords Riot!, in the rest of Europe as Boulder Dash II - Rockford's Revenge, and over half a year later, in North America as part of Super BoulderDash.
In Super BoulderDash, the title screen shows 1984 and the signature of Walter Guslawski (an artist at First Star), you can start at caves E, I, M even on levels 4 and 5, and 3 caves have constant difficulty.
- mobygames.com/game/c64/rockfords-riot-boulder-dash - MobyGames.
- mobygames.com/game/c64/boulder-dash-ii-rockfords-revenge - MobyGames.
- mobygames.com/game/c64/super-boulder-dash - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.gamespot.com/c64/916816-boulder-dash-ii-rockfords-revenge - GameFAQs.
- gamefaqs.gamespot.com/c64/278750-super-boulder-dash - GameFAQs.
|Boulder Dash||• • • • • • • • • •|
|Boulder Dash II||• • • • •|
|Rockford||• • • • • •|
|Notable Personnel||Peter Liepa|
|Notable Companies||First Star Software|